Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Introduction

I am a huge fan of Slate regular David Plotz's Blogging the Bible project in which he, as an affectionate but only semi-practicing Jew, reads the Old Testament straight through from start to finish, sans academic or other commentary, and commented on it. It was always funny, often insightful, and I thought, a very worthy project.

Now I'm not claiming to be as awesome as David Plotz. Not by a long shot. But I think I am in a good spot to take this project from an LDS perspective for the following reasons.

1. I am a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, with no current grudges or axes to grind that I know of.
2. I like to write.
3. I have lots of crazy ideas.
4. I am able to differentiate between ELISA's crazy ideas and official doctrine of the Church.

So, I don't think this is going to be any big thing, but I need some better motivation to study the Book of Mormon, in depth, every day. So here we go ...

No comments: